The policy of Southcross Energy and its related employees, contractors, and companies is to conduct business in a manner that respects the environment as well as the health and safety of its employees, its customers, its contractors, and the communities where we operate. The foundation for Southcross Energy’s success is achieving outstanding health, safety, and environmental performance equivalent with operational excellence and positive financial results.
To accomplish our HSE Policy, Southcross Energy will:
- Demonstrate visible and active leadership in all our business activities by providing leadership necessary to manage and communicate HSE commitment, expectations, and accountability in the same manner as any other critical business function.
- Make it clear to all Responsible Parties that working safely is a shared responsibility. Expect all Responsible Parties to take personal responsibility to understand and implement the Guiding Principles of this HSE Policy.
- Comply with all applicable HSE laws, legislation, international agreements and regulations in the countries or communities where we operate and implement responsible controls where such laws, legislation and regulations do not exist.
- Promote training for Responsible Parties to perform their job safely and effectively utilizing their knowledge and skills to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Identify and assess potential hazards and threats to people, the environment, and assets. Implement reasonable and practicable actions to eliminate, mitigate, or manage these risks.
- Continue to minimize the impact of our operations, products, and services on the environment by implementing economically feasible projects that promote energy efficiency and use natural resources effectively.
- Strive to achieve our goal of eliminating environmental and safety incidents. In the event an incident occurs, appropriate response, corrective action and reporting will be performed in a timely manner.
- Work proactively with Responsible Parties to develop and advance effective approaches to human health, safety, and environmental protection.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are in place to implement these Guiding Principles. These policies and procedures will be kept in the HSE Manual, and all managers/supervisors will be responsible for the implementation of this HSE Policy.
By adopting this HSE Policy and set of Guiding Principles, Southcross Energy demonstrates its commitment to conduct business in a manner that protects human health and the environment. We intend to make consistent measurable progress in implementing these Guiding Principles and apply them to all aspects of our operations.