Southcross Energy Partners LLC (“Southcross”) believes that a focus on Socially Responsible Investing (“SRI”), which integrates environmental, social and corporate governance (“ESG”) considerations in our business decisions, is essential to creating value for our investors and developing a more sustainable long-term strategy for our company and equity partners.
Southcross believes that it has a moral obligation to play a role in making the world a better place to live through SRI, and that doing so creates a more appropriate risk-return profile for our investments. Southcross works closely with our equity partners and customers to build businesses with a like-minded commitment toward ESG issues.
Southcross’s fundamental ESG building blocks or policies can be summarized as follows:
- We encourage and embrace the efficient use of natural resources and continuously look for and expect the best environmental solutions for Southcross’s operations.
- We believe that economic considerations in isolation do not provide sufficient guidance for environmentally conscious decision-making that balances the interests of individuals, communities and future generations.
- We seek to fully comply and/or exceed compliance with applicable environmental regulatory requirements.
- We treat all employees, stakeholders and others who are affected by Southcross’s activities fairly and without prejudice to gender, race, ethnic or national origin, socioeconomic status, age, religion or disability.
- We seek to ensure that Southcross’s underlying employees and companies comply with the highest ethical standards.
- We believe our activities should not only benefit our employees and stakeholders, but the community as a whole.
Corporate Governance Policy
- We seek to ensure that our business practices comply fully, in appearance and deed, with all applicable laws and regulations.
- We strive to maintain Southcross’s reputation by exhibiting diligence, honesty, fairness and transparency in all of our business dealings.
In addition to this top down approach, Southcross requires all of its companies and employees to embrace ESG issues from the bottom up and requires a like-minded ESG policy/commitment and reporting of such activities to Southcross’s Board of Managers. This information is used by Southcross to quantitatively measure ESG activities and impact on the performance of the company.
Southcross remains committed to a strong, hands-on approach towards ESG issues to promote a more sustainable society.